Starboard Cruise Services is a Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton (LVMH) company. Based in the warm and beautiful city of Miami, Florida, we are the world’s largest, duty-free, onboard retailer, awarded the “Best Cruise Travel Retailer” by Duty-Free News International (DFNI) Global Awards for Travel Retail Excellence.
Starboard operates retail stores on over 80 ships worldwide, representing 9 major cruise lines, such as Royal Caribbean and Carnival Cruise Lines. Our goal is to provide our cruising customers with a unique and unforgettable shopping experience, filled with theatre, excitement and unique retail merchandise!
Join our dynamic team and be part of the world’s leading onboard retailer. We offer our employees a collaborative and energetic work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a breadth of opportunities for professional development!
Visit Our Website
|Director of Operations, Retail
Leads and develops a team of district sales managers to achieve sales goals, deliver superior customer service and drive profitability within a given region. P&L responsibility, business development with cruise line partners, as well as training and development of managerial staff.
• Develops and executes corporate strategy and delivers on profitability goals by setting a compelling retail/cruise line vision for the team.
• Develops District management staff through appropriate coaching, supporting, delegating and mentoring to maximize performance.
• Develops and manages all store operations initiatives and ensures that execution is aligned with Starboard/cruise line standards.
• Tracks, reports and analyzes operational sales data and makes recommendations to proactively identify and address areas of opportunity.
• Creates and manages all in store operational guidelines and standards so that they remain in line with company “best practices”.
• Works in tandem with Human Resources in the setting of staffing levels and development of compensation/commission programs in an effort to retain quality talent.
• Partners with District Managers to set challenging goals for sales teams onboard. Recognizes and celebrates team achievements.
• Develops relationships and works closely with Cruise Line partners to ensure that implementation of best practices and/or special events follow Cruise Line operational guidelines.
• Works closely with Merchandise Planning and Distribution department to ensure new assortment rollouts, floor changes and out-of-stocks are timely communicated, followed up on and executed.
• Builds relationships and travels with field team members to include District and Sales managers to create effective action plans for underperforming regions/vessels.
• Sets up new ship and renovation projects to ensure financial targets are achieved.
• Minimum 7 years of management experience for multi-unit retail operation. Shipboard experience preferred, but not required.
• College degree in related field highly preferred
• Demonstrated ability to increase revenue and profitability.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in English a must. Additional languages such as Spanish, Italian, French, and German a plus.
• Ability to travel extensively.
Division/Department : Operations
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using workinretail.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the workinretail.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.