SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Oversees day-to-day kitchen operations and follows an established production schedule. Performs all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and a quality work environment as directed by Manager on Duty.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS:
- Ensures that food safety regulations are followed.
- Maintains food and equipment inventories.
- Reports to work well groomed, in a clean and proper uniform, and at all times practices good personal hygiene.
- Uses, maintains, and cleans all kitchen line equipment, preparation and storage areas.
- Stocks and rotates products on cooking line.
- Has sufficient knowledge of cooking stations, menu items and prep procedures to ensure correct portioning, quality, cooking time and performance standards.
- Cooks and prepares menu items according to guest request within company standards and following food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with the Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding product/service deficiencies equipment, safety problems, etc.