Please call Barbara Battaglia at 303-876-8473 for more information.
Wind Crest is a high end retirement resort with multiple dining venues offering a variety of scratch cooking styles in an elegant white table cloth environment. Wind Crest will be opening two additional restaurants at our Highlands Ranch location in the next two years providing a TRUE opportunity for advancement both locally and at other Erickson Living communities. Every member of our culinary leadership team, front and back of the house, have been promoted from within!
SUMMARY: Responsible for pre-preparation, station set up, preparation and service to order of menu items for breakfast, lunch and dinner service that will be cooked as ordered by a resident or customer. Menu item preparation can include any hot food, cold food and baked items. Completes the assigned meal production schedule. Work station assignments may include but not limited to:
Short Order Cook
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains the Erickson Living philosophy and Vision statement.
2. Prepares ingredients for assigned menu items as scheduled. Sets up station prior to scheduled meal service.
3. Quickly prepares all assigned menu items food products as ordered, to include breakfast, lunch and dinner service and any catering or other special functions using Production Sheets and approved recipes.
4. Follows proper handling, preparation and holding guidelines, takes temperatures at regular intervals and prepares and presents foods as ordered.
5. Anticipates orders during peak service time to assure timely preparation and service while minimizing over-production and waste.
6. Properly presents all food items and to provide maximum appeal, quality, temperature, and freshness.
7. Follows HACCP procedures and practices.
8. Maintains kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule using ‘clean as you go’ approach. Completes assigned equipment and station cleaning schedule.
9. Ensures communication with expeditor, fellow culinary team members and service staff for timing of preparation of assigned menu items.
10. Assures proper portioning, plating, temperature, garnishing and presentation of food items.
11. Works safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
12. Communicates appropriately and effectively with all food service staff, supervisors. Listens effectively and responds appropriately to feedback.