Working independently and with limited supervision, the Marketing Manager, Insights & Marketing Strategy will be responsible for using insights to recommend and implement strategies to drive GameStop’s digital business and optimize the customer experience across our digital channels. This position requires strong project management and presentation skills, a deep understanding of data/analytics, experience writing and interpreting consumer research, and an ability to independently translate the vision cast by the leadership team while working with individual channel owners and key internal stakeholders to create well-scoped measurable business/marketing initiatives that both deliver value and opportunities for our customers and with the growth business needs and goals of GameStop. This position will also involve building out and managing multiple marketing campaigns and longer-term business initiatives, partnering with other groups within the organization to identify impactful opportunities. The Manager will have a passion for data driven retail marketing and a drive to independently define campaign scope & requirements, identify key stakeholders, leverage new or readily available tools and articulate the marketing strategies necessary to delivery positive measurable business results for the organization. Most decisions made be made without prior approval from his or her supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Generate and interpret insights from internal and external research, as well as other 3rd parties to create strategies and plans for driving GameStop’s core business and identify changes in gamer behaviors and competitive trends to drive meaningful business decisions
- Driving the digital gaming experience
- Utilize consumer and industry insights to drive both long and short-term strategies to increase sales of digital content both via the web and in-store
- Executing and managing multiple marketing campaigns across in-store, online, email, GSTV and other channels, working with key stakeholders in operations, PR, online, and creative teams as well as external agency partners as needed
- Enhancing the omni-channel experience
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve the current customer experience across all of GameStop’s digital channels
- Improving the customer experience by integrating marketing promotions, external messaging, and the online/mobile experience
- Partner with key members from the multi-channel / IT teams to drive a better customer experience and improved omni-channel engagement opportunities across all of GameStop’s channels
- Deliver strategies that expand upon GameStop’s expert content online and drive increased engagement and sales (GameInformer, GameTrust, other sources)
- Perform other related marketing duties and manage other projects as needed within the general nature and scope of this role.
- A deep understanding of analytics and an ability to interpret data to drive business and marketing strategies
- Formal Presentation – Presents ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivers presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Innovation – Generates innovative solutions to work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Building Partnerships both internal and external – Identifies opportunities and acts to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Planning and Organizing – Establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently and effectively.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Regionally accredited Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising or a related field required
- At least five years of specialized retail marketing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Experience working with marketing analytics and consumer research a plus
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficient understanding of marketing, advertising, in-store visual merchandising and facilitating effective partner relationships
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Expert project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities to meet deadlines accurately in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Working knowledge of process mapping and process adherence
- Proficient knowledge of large corporate retail environments and the dynamics of key stakeholder approvals when orchestrating large campaigns
- Ability to remain effective under pressure; ability to handle stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization
- Ability to analyze complex, evolving situations independently, or as a team member, to arrive at productive, sustainable solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English; bilingual English/Spanish skills preferred
- Proficient ability to provide and respond favorably to feedback
- Proficient relationship building skills, including the capacity to predict and manage behavior, build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the organization, and leverage influential leadership
- Demonstrated capacity for innovative thinking, including a high-risk tolerance
- Working ability to assertively solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Proficient knowledge of Windows-based computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- Proficient knowledge of negotiation, including the ability to influence internal and external business partners favorably.
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities