Retail Merchandiser Trainer Part Time
Do you have a passion for technology? Are you intrigued by the latest and greatest in consumer electronics new product launches? Our part time weekday Retail Merchandiser Trainer position offers all that and more. Advantage Solutions is looking for customer service driven, tech-savvy individuals to join our team. This is a permanent part time job working weekdays that requires attention to detail, a solid understanding of consumer electronics, the ability to train on/communicate key product features and benefits, and providing outstanding customer service. As a Retail Merchandiser Trainer, you will be responsible for visiting multiple stores per day with a flexible weekday schedule; proactively training retail sales associates, answering product related questions and merchandising. This role incorporates a mixture of training, brand advocacy and light merchandising. This is an amazing opportunity to work for Advantage Solutions, the largest sales and marketing agency in North America, where we offer top-notch training and competitive pay rates.
- Build strong in-store relationships
- Educate customers and retail associates on our client’s product
- Merchandising product and point of sale materials
- Professionally representing Advantage Solutions and our clients at all times
- Maintaining knowledge of our client’s consumer electronic products
- Complete paid e-learning requirements
- Attend regularly scheduled conference calls
- Collecting data via call reports for our client
- Ability to work on weekdays and potentially occasional weekends
- Education Level (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
- Education Level (Preferred): Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
- Must have Smart Phone capability
- 1-2 years of retail sales, marketing, customer service or event promotion experience a plus
- Must be a self-starter, energetic, results driven, committed and passionate
- Basic technical knowledge a requirement, advanced technology skills and abilities is a plus
- Reliable Internet access
- Attend regularly scheduled team calls
Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Retail Sales Specialist (RSS) is responsible for servicing and selling to retail accounts within an assigned territory to assure client standards are met and volume is increased. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, ambitious, and driven to succeed. This person should also have strong communication skills with the confidence to influence key decision makers at store level. They must possess excellent organizational skills and have the ability to work independently.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet client and Company objectives by maintaining full distribution on all authorized SKU’s.
Customer Relations (Internal/External)
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively both internally with Advantage Solutions management and externally with all Customers
- Sell at store level “live orders” on multiple clients (>5 clients) in over 50% of their stores on the monthly basis.
- Increase sales volume through promotional activity by selling and building displays, creating themes with related items to support holiday/special promo events, and making plan-o-gram adjustments when necessary.
- Increase sales volume by constantly suggesting and completing orders for new and out-of-stock items.
- Maintain client objectives by insuring all authorized client items represented on the shelf have accurate and complete tags and making certain that un-saleable or out-of-code product is removed.
Shelf Standards and Conditions
- Will work on the authorization of items to meet Client shelf schematic standards. Must be able to take direction regarding tagging, rotating, and placing POS materials for products on shelf.
- Achieve client goals and objectives by effectively managing stores within your territory and executing projects and standards.
- Increase brand representation and effectiveness through establishing and maintaining customer and client relationships.
- Spend over 4-days per month in preparing and making wholesaler sub-group headquarter calls with a minimum of four sub-group calls.
- Will complete accurate and timely paperwork and reports, recaps, itineraries, timesheets, expense reports, etc.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel is not an essential duty and function of this job.
Driving is an essential duty or function of this job.