JOB SUMMARY: Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing
for the security and safety of client property and personnel. Makes periodic tours to check for
irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment. Preserves order and may act
to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented
separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and
functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to
the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented
separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be
aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are
required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in
conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of
company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or
authorized company representatives.
- Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process; assists visitors with a
legitimate need to gain entry to the facility; screens visitors and client employees in an efficient
manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or facility.
- Provides an atmosphere in which all client employees and visitors know that the client responds to
and cares about their needs; provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each
client employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a good image of the
client and its security department.
- Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations; to the extent
authorized, provides information regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
- Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the
movement of people and vehicles, and parking; operates a gate and examines vehicle contents;
monitors remote entrances using closed circuit television; operates remote access devices; in a
calm manner directs persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property.
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors,
security violations, blocked ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons;
inspects buildings and grounds using appropriate equipment and protective gear.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security
investigations; sets up barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to others.
- Prepares logs or reports as required for site; writes and/or types reports and/or enters information
in a computer using standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
- Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives, company
management, life/safety personnel or public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances
and/or as required by the site.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator
emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following
procedures established for the site, by the company, and/or through training or certification.
- Acts to ensure that all property removal is conducted within appropriate policy requirements and
in accord with client standards; identifies client products or materials among items carried by
client employees or visitors.
- Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned site.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing to complete the GED program
within six months.
Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug
screen and background investigation.
High School Diploma or G.E.D.; related experience preferred.