Job Title: Housekeeping Shift Supervisor (Casino AZ-Grave/Day)
Reports To: Assistant Housekeeping Manager
Assists the Housekeeping management with the operation and administration of the housekeeping department and personnel.
Directly supervises Housekeepers, Floor Technicians and Night Cleaners in the Housekeeping Department on a given shift. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assigning and directing work; appraising performance; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Acts as a working supervisor engaged in all aspects of the Housekeeping Department and is able to work any shift.
- Evaluates work of employees insuring timely performance and an adequate quantity and quality of work, with authority to accept, amend and/or reject work.
- Prepares / Issues employee Evaluations.
- Plans the day-to-day activities and special tasks of employees. Plans and prescribes deadlines and sequence of work for individual workers.
- Makes minor adjustments in procedure and sequence of operations as necessary to accomplish the work effectively and efficiently. Assures that al personnel, materials and equipment are available at the work site.
- Trains housekeeping personnel including new employees in routine cleaning procedures and approved methods and techniques for cleaning and disinfecting; handling soiled linen and precautions necessary to protect themselves while performing such duties.
- Distributes work among the employees designating and assigning individuals for various tasks. Provides instruction upon initial assignment of task, new procedures, and non-recurring task through explanation and demonstration at proper work methods, requirements and procedures. Reviews work in progress while providing assistance when problems arise.
- Tentatively approves PTO for short periods of time (1 to 2 days).
- Responsible for recommending and training potential leads for each shift.
- Responsible for ensuring that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in accordance with acceptable standards that management has set.
- Maintains employee work schedules.
- Ensures that soiled linen is removed and properly stored after each shift. Informs Housekeeping manager of equipment repairs and replacement.
- Prepares supply list for weekly and daily use.
- Conducts continual safety programs to appraise Housekeeping employees of the safety hazards both to themselves and the customer. Makes sure signs are posted and visible on areas sealed off during cleaning.
- Reports slips, trips or falls to Security. Understands that Safety is our prime objective for customers and employees.
- Conducts experiments and comparative tests with various cleaning agents and methods. Constantly re-evaluates procedures and techniques as new innovations are introduced and marketed.
Education and/or Experience required for Shift Supervisor
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Minimum 1 year supervisory experience.
Education and/or Experience required for Relief Shift Supervisor
Minimum 6 months to one year Housekeeping work experience. Must have a good working knowledge of overall operations relating to Housekeeping.
Note: Candidates lacking a High School Diploma or GED will not be eligible for full-time Shift Supervisor status until education criteria is met.
Basic PC skills preferred.
Must have a good working knowledge of overall operations relating to Housekeeping. Must be able to work harmoniously with co-workers and be a team player. Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Knowledge of multiple languages is a plus.
- Hardworking And Dedicated