Job Title: Director of Slot Operations
Reports To: General Manager
Responsible for the overall management of the Slots Department. Assists with establishing and directing the Internal Controls and Policies and Procedures while maximizing slots profit by constantly testing new machine floor configurations and ideas as authorized. Seeks to minimize loss through the daily review of slot performance reports, constant training of employees, through timely maintenance of equipment and through surveillance of suspicious persons and/or events. Protects the integrity of the casino and ensures that the department goals are achieved and maintained within all regulatory guidelines. Meets all
approved budget requirements.
Directly manages the Slot Manager and the Slot Technology Manager who supervise employees in the Slots Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Enforces the Casino Arizona mission statement.
- Directs the Slots Department in such a manner as to ensure maximum annual profit.
- Develops and institutes marketing promotions in conjunction with the Chief Gaming Officer and Marketing Director which includes prize give-a-ways, jackpot funds and tournaments as well as involvement in new product/game development recommendations.
- Understands and executes responsible budget preparation.
- Maintains business forecasting, work schedules and payroll for all slots employees.
- Develops short and long term strategies of Slots floor layout and machine mix to maximize the profitability of Slots operations.
- Maintains current information on laws and regulations affecting slots operations.
- Ensures all equipment is regularly scheduled for preventative maintenance.
- Provides leadership and oversees the supervision of all Slots Department personnel.
- Develops all Slots performance policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with tribal, state and casino requirements.
- Implements and enforces Casino Arizona’s internal control standards and ensures all departmental policies and procedures are consistent with the most current internal control standards.
- Responsible for detecting and enforcing corrective action against cheating, fraud and disruptions as company policy dictates.
- Analyzes statistical data and financial performance data which might point to alarming customer habits, trends and machine usage.
- Makes necessary staffing recommendations to control the payroll variable.
- Routinely strives to build and maintain rapport with customers by handling disputes and making every effort to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Is dedicated to the recruitment and training of tribal members consistent with the casino’s Community and Indian Preference guidelines.
Education and/or Experience
College degree; 10 years of equivalent slots experience in a managerial role; 3 years slot machine technology experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Must have excellent PC skills and a working knowledge of SDS systems. Must be proficient using Microsoft Office applications.
Must have strong casino, leadership, analytical, budgetary, managerial and administrative skills.
- Must have knowledge of casino rules, procedures and regulations pertaining to Slots operations.
- Must have knowledge of all tribal, state and federal regulations governing slot machines and their operation.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team across departments and levels of management.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Customer Satisfaction