IT Specialist - Mid needed for a long-term contract opportunity with SOC's client located in Norfolk, VA - Norfolk Naval Base
Possession of a Secret Security Clearance or Interim Secret Security Clearance is required as a condition for employment.
Top Skills Should You Possess:
- MUST have DoD Clearance
- MUST have a current CompTIA A+ce ( Will accept a CompTIA Net+ ce or CompTIA Sec+ ce certifications to be considered for position) Certified in accordance with DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level I)
- Under general direction, applies Specialized knowledge in a single discipline such as assembly/integration, cross-discipline functions, data engineering, industry expertise, knowledge engineering or legacy evolution.
- Applies Specialization to conceptualize, design, construct, test and implement portions of business and technical information technology solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology.
- Interacts with the customer to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context and organizational strategic direction.
- Defines scope, plans and deliverables for assigned projects. Collects, identifies, defines and organizes detailed user and information technology requirements.
- Coordinates and collaborates with others in analyzing collected requirements to ensure plans and identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations.
- Confirms and prioritizes project plans and deliverables with the customer. participates in business and technical information technology solution implementations, upgrades, enhancement and conversions.
- Understands and uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify and resolve business and or technical problems.
- Applies metrics to monitor performance and measure key project criteria. Prepares system documentation. establishes and maintains security, integrity and business continuity controls and documents.
- Participates in Special studies. Stays current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
- Assists information engineers on application of Specialized knowledge to coding, testing, implementation and documentation projects
- High School Diploma
- Four to nine (4-9) years minimum applicable experience
- Certified in accordance with DoD 8570.01?M Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level I: CompTIA A+ ce OR Net+ ce
Recruiter: James Kleinmann
SOC, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.