For the COMPLETE Job Posting and Application, access our website by clicking on the 'Apply on Company Site' link below for the following Job Number 19000430.
We're Looking for You
Are you eager to experience evolving technology with the Navy mission? Are you a motivated individual looking to work in a progressive environment? If the answer is 'YES', we are looking for you to join the Navy Exchange Service Command (NEXCOM) as a Computer Specialist (Field Support Technician) in National City, California!
What We Offer You
We offer a comprehensive benefits program and the value of these benefits is approximately 35 to 40% of your annual salary.
- Paid Leave (Annual and Sick)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plan
- Pension Plan
- 401(k) Plan
View our benefits at https://www.mynavyexchange.com/nex/work-for-us/benefits
A DAY IN THE LIFE
INVENTORY FLOW/SUPPLY CHAIN:
- Assist with the distribution of goods to drive achievement of sales, profitability, and inventory turnover goals and customer satisfaction across areas of responsibility.
- Assist and recommends proper ratio of DC, Store and pipeline inventory for all items; develops and modifies replenishment parameters as needed on all basic reorder items; ensures basic stock levels are consistent with approved planograms and store sizes.
- Partners with Forecast Analyst to review and adjust forecast parameters for seasonal and/or advertised items.
- Ensures featured product is in-stock at locations participating in advertising events.
- Effectively communicates with internal and external customers to address in-stock and supply chain concerns or/and opportunities.
- Assists in identifying aged inventory and identifies opportunities to mitigate risk, providing recommendations to the merchants for action.
- Ongoing review and maintenance of replenishment snapshot metrics to include POG Accuracy, NIS Causes and other related metrics.
- Uses Allocate System to purchase seasonal, fashion and promotional one time buys; ensuring accurate quantities and inventory levels meet sales demand at an item location level.
- Assesses inventory risk and recommends action accordingly; prepares reports and actionable business analysis as needed.
- Identifies opportunities to drive topline sales and makes recommendations supported by sound data accordingly.
- Conducts store visits as appropriate to evaluate merchandise presentation, stock assortments and inventory levels. Works closely with store management to address and maximize business opportunities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Works under general supervision of an Inventory Planner, Senior Inventory Planner or Divisional Merchandise Manager of Planning. Operates independently within the framework of NEXCOM policies, procedures and regulations.
- Exercises independent judgment and approach in routine and non-routine situations. Consults with supervisor on such issues as policy matters, deviations from normal procedures or unusual circumstances. Performance is evaluated on operational performance, skills evaluations, customer service, collaboration and teamwork, leadership, work quality and established individual performance metrics.
- The incumbent of this position must file a Financial Disclosure Report (OGE) Form 450, as required.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Three years of experience which was gained in professional, technical or other responsible work which enabled the applicant to gain a knowledge of retail practices; demonstrated skill in dealing with others; and the ability to analyze problems and recommend practical solutions using sound judgment.
OR SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: 1 year of academic study above the high school level may be substituted for nine months of experience, up to a maximum of a four year bachelor's degree for three years of general experience.
AND SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of responsible experience which provided background in: database/spreadsheet software applications; merchandising systems or similar responsible work within one or more operational or merchandising areas of non-appropriated fund or private sector retail work that demonstrated the knowledge and ability to perform the work of the position.
APPLY NOW! Discover Our Mission and Let Your Journey Begin!
US-VA-Virginia Beach, VA
$31,530.00 - $40,114.00 /Year