Manages staff and activities of the food services operation of restaurant to ensure a pleasant guest experience and efficient operations. Applies high guest service standards. Assumes Restaurant Manager responsibilities to cover hours of operation.
Assists restaurant cashiers in reconciling cash drawers after every shift.
- Manages and coordinates restaurant activities to obtain effective use of equipment, facilities, and personnel. Assigns tasks and sections; establishes rotations. Conducts daily operations in adherence to policies, procedures, and safety and service standards, including responsible alcohol service. May provide input on the acquisition of new equipment or re-design of space to increase efficiency and safety of operations.
- Interacts and establishes relationships with guests to improve retention, promote guest loyalty, and resolve guest complaints.
- Prepares schedules to ensure staffing levels are optimal.
- Participates in the development and formulation of administrative and operational policies and procedures. Implements work processes and recommends revisions as necessary.
- Interviews, selects, hires, and promotes team members; plans training and development in conjunction with Human Resources Development, and completes performance appraisals, disciplinary actions and terminations.