Job Summary of Assistant Store Manager:
The Assistant Manager serves as a support person for the Store Manager. He/she is fully trained in all areas of store operations. The Assistant manager position was developed to ensure that policies, and procedures, especially those relating to customer service, are adhered to in the store manager’s absence. The position will aid in reducing the store manager turnover by providing support with daily store operations. Improve customer service by staffing the stores with better-trained, higher caliber individuals during hours when the store manager is not in the store. Provide the company with a pool of qualified, well-trained individuals from which successful store managers can be drawn. Serve as a function aspiring store managers strive to achieve as they develop within our organization. Establish company-wide standard for individuals capable of managing our stores in the manager’s absence. The Assistant Manager supports the company goals by focusing on personal accountability, customer service and work efficiency.
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
FSLA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Responsibilities of Assistant Store Manager:
- Greet customer, Be Friendly and Helpful, Provide Prompt, Courteous Service, Thank Customer
- Set example for associates of excellent customer service
- Train and require excellent customer service from all QSR staff
- Handle customer complaints professionally
- Maintain property and equipment to ensure customers have a safe and pleasant shopping environment.
- Suggestive Selling
- Teach, Train, and Coach associates in the location
- Supervise and delegate to all Associates in location during the absence of the store manager
- Participate in the hiring and recruiting of store staff
- Promote teamwork and cooperation within the store
- In the absence of the store Manager, handle associate complaints professionally and respectfully
- Write work schedules
- Maintain a safe and professional work environment free from any form of harassment including sexual harassment, hostile environment, and discrimination from any Circle K associate, customer or vendor
- Ensure self and all store staff are properly dressed in authorized Circle Midwest’s uniform and meet personal appearance requirements .
- Ensure property meets Circle K Midwest’s image standards using Daily Store Inspection Form and maintaining an acceptable score.
- Maintain property and equipment to ensure associates have a safe and pleasant working environment
- Maintain an acceptable Service Star Shopper score through consistent follow-up with all associates.
- Follow vendor check-in procedures
- Follow daily gasoline procedures including changing gas prices, accurate stick readings, competitive gas surveys, and spill procedures .
- Bank deposits are to be made daily and NEVER left unsecured
- Maintain merchandise, gasoline and cash shortages to acceptable levels
- Assist in maintain labor hours within budgeted hours
- Complete all paperwork and transmit information to the corporate office in a timely manner
- Preparation of Cash Deposit and Cash Handling
- Prepare and transmit a Store Order using appropriate Build-To’s.
- Black Book skills (Shift Trend Analysis)
- Conduct shift audits on identified products.
- View Image Vault and burn CD’s.
- Protect confidential information (i.e. wages, personnel information, company records)
- Control and protect store keys and operation codes.