If you're looking to make an impact with your analytical skills, we want to hear from you! UPS is seeking an Automotive Procurement Analyst to work with cross-functional teams to provide analytical support for process improvements, commodity-related initiatives, and strategic organizational objectives.
The Automotive Procurement Analyst performs data collection and analysis/reporting, and provides support for a specific commodity or commodities. He/She assists in the financial analysis of RFPs, prepares weekly/monthly reports, and conducts forecast exercises for Procurement objectives. He/She also assists commodities in leveraging the right tools for their suppliers, as well as any ad hoc requests related to strategy for supplier conversations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Helps develop strategic implementation to support organization objectives
- Executes weekly/monthly reporting for initiative progress
- Conducts financial analysis of sourcing events
- Supports senior management/supplier specific requests for financial data
- Assists with strategic plans, and leadership requests and support
Knowledge and Skills
- Entry level position with a minimum of 6 months - 1 year related experience
- Understands basic project planning processes, including planning action items and resources
- Generates reports in appropriate format using basic software; reviews to ensure accuracy and completeness; identifies issues (e.g., missing variables, incorrect data, etc.)
- Ability to conduct data analytics
- Intermediate MS Excel skills with ability to develop pivot tables and formulas
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law