UPS is currently seeking a reliable Automotive Technician to join our outstanding fleet maintenance team. This position maintains a diverse range of equipment which can include delivery vehicles, heavy duty on road tractors, and trailers from a variety of manufacturers. Powered vehicle propulsion includes diesel, gasoline and alternative technology power plants (including compressed natural gas, liquefied natural gas, propane, hybrid and electrical in some locations). The incumbent troubleshoots and maintains/repairs various systems which can include hydraulic brakes, air brakes, electrical and engine control. If you're looking for an exciting career in the automotive industry, we want to hear from you!
Automotive Technicians must be willing to work 2nd or 3rd shifts, including Monday through Friday, Sunday through Thursday as well as Tuesday through Saturday schedules, depending on the location’s need. UPS offers attractive wages, benefits and paid vacations. Uniforms are also provided. Automotive Technicians must possess the required hand tools required to perform the applicable job assignment.
- Meets Department of Transportation (D.O.T) requirements and Commercial Driver's License (CDL) qualifications required by job assignment
- Bends, stoops, squats, kneels, crouches, crawls, climbs ladders and stairs, stands, walks, and turns/pivots frequently throughout duration of workday
- Sits infrequently, as required, throughout duration of workday
- Exercises simple hand grasping, power hand grasping, fine hand manipulation, and reaching from foot level to above shoulder level as necessary to complete assigned tasks
- Operates standard and manual transmission
- Meets all requirements to be Power Industrial Truck Operations (PITO) certified
- Operates power and pneumatic tools
- Current documented automotive mechanical experience
- Experience using diagnostic equipment, scan tools and personal computer
- Possesses full complement of personal hand tools
- Works full time shifts: 8-10 hours per day, 4-5 days per 7-day week
- Dependable with ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis and complete scheduled workday on a consistent basis
- Available to work varying shifts, additional hours and/or overtime depending on service needs
- Wears personal protective equipment as required
- Works in an environment with variable temperatures and humidity (climatic conditions), exposure to cleaning materials, petroleum products, dust, dirt, and noise, outside inclement weather, etc.
- Works cooperatively in a diverse work environment
- Communicates effectively through sight, hearing, and/or otherwise, to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
- Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Possesses fleet experience working with gasoline or diesel engines
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law