Job Title: Cage Cashiers (grave shift positions available)
$1500 Sign On Bonus*
Reports To: Cage Shift Supervisor
Provides friendly, efficient and accurate cashiering services to customers and employees.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for professional customer service, policy & procedures in all cages of the casino and at both locations.
- Responsible for the casino funds assigned to cashier during shift and ensures accurate cash transactions are completed.
- Makes appropriate deposits and movement of moneys to/from cage/vault as required by supervisor.
- Responsible for accurate paperwork/documentation of monies.
- Assists in soft count when necessary.
- Resolves guest disputes professionally at all times or escalates issues to their supervisor.
- Recommends changes as necessary to improve guest and employee service.
- Ensures proper internal control procedures and operating policies are followed at all times.
Education and/or Experience
HS/GED required; extensive cashiering background or prior large volume money handling experience, such as former cashiering manager/supervisor or bank teller, required.
Basic PC skills required.
- Must have basic math skills including the ability to count money, coins and chips accurately (pre-employment assessments may be administered to verify this skill).
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must be flexible to work any shift as well as fluctuating window times and work at both locations, 6 miles apart. Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays if scheduled.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to secondary smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.