Job Title: Catering Sales Manager
Department: Resort Sales
Reports To: Senior Event Manager
Responsible for proactively soliciting and managing group/catering-related business opportunities to meet and exceed personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. Must support the service and relationship strategy and drive customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Provides service to our customers in order to grow share of the account on behalf of the resort.
At present, this position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Negotiates services of hotel and executes Catering Sales Agreement for each business opportunity;
- Sources and qualifies potential social business opportunities;
- Proactively identifies, qualifies, solicits, negotiates and books new and repeat social functions and catering business through outside sales calls, telemarketing, direct mail, trade show shows and other industry related networking outlets in order achieve personal and resort revenue goals;
- Partners with Marketing and other departments to provide a customer experience that exceeds the customer’s expectations;
- Acts as customer liaison with hotel during customer event/program ensuring daily needs are met and overall customer satisfaction;
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels to ensure sales efforts are maximized;
- Responds to incoming catering opportunities for the hotel;
- Stays up-to-date regarding the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc. and knows how to sell against them;
- Closes the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and hotel needs;
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts;
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings;
- Effectively develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for group/catering sales opportunities;
- Conducts site inspections.
- Supports the service and relationship strategy by planning and contracting the customer’s program/event, managing the success of the program/event and measuring our service effectiveness;
- Executes and supports company customer service standards, resort’s brand standards;
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event;
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a continuing relationship and loyalty to Casino Arizona;
- Gains understanding of the resort’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations;
- Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to event/service staff;
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints;
- Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs, obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels and overall satisfaction;
- Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers; continuously strives to improve service performance;
- Reviews meeting planner results to understand level of guest satisfaction; continuously strives to improve service performance.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree in Catering, Hospitality Management or related field strongly preferred; 5 years hotel catering sales experience, on a property level, preferred or with at least 3 years property catering sales management experience and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and related hospitality sales experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
CMP, CHSE or other related certification preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent PC skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Broad knowledge of current and standard hospitality software applications and hotel systems, experience using Delphi preferred.
- Must have ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service;
- Must have the ability to provide creative, visionary direction to fully realize clients’ ideal event;
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational, communication (verbal & written) and presentation skills;
- Must have ability to support an extensive existing customer database;
- Must have superior customer development and guest relation skills;
- Must have excellent selling (including telephone sales) and negotiation skills and an understanding of the sales process including up-selling products and service to closing;
- Must have advanced knowledge of property-specific business segments, advanced knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications, advanced knowledge of food trends, food and beverage composition and menu planning and advanced knowledge of food and beverage forecasting and attrition.
- Must be experienced and comfortable making cold calls in person and over telephone.
Must be able to read, write and understand English.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to secondary smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.