Hello! Although Party City made the difficult decision of temporarily closing its stores and corporate offices to protect our customers and employees due to the COVID-19 pandemic and CDC health and safety guidelines, we welcome you to apply to our open positions within our corporate offices and have the opportunity to join the party and celebrate with us! We understand this may a difficult time for many but we remain hopeful that this worldwide threat will soon diminish and we continue to create joy in our customers’ lives! We will reach out to you once we’re able to operate safely.
Party City is the leading party goods and Halloween specialty retailer in North America and the world’s largest vertically integrated supplier of decorated party goods. Party City operates over 900 company-owned and franchise stores throughout North America. Our worldwide locations include our Retail Headquarters in Rockaway, New Jersey, a quick 45 minute commute from NYC, with regional offices in CA, MI, IL and Toronto. Party City is a division on Party City Holdings with our design and manufacturing headquarters in Elmsford, New York as well as locations throughout Asia, Europe, the Americas and Australia. We also sells direct to customers through our e-commerce website, PartyCity.com. We design, manufacture and distribute party goods found in over 40,000 retail outlets worldwide.
Through a series of acquisitions between 2005 and today, we have built a powerful retail operation that captures the full manufacturing-to-retail margin on a significant portion of the products sold in our stores. Our category-defining retail concept, multi-channel reach, widely recognized brands, broad and deep product offering, and low-cost global sourcing model are, we believe, significant competitive advantages which position us for continued organic and acquisition-led growth and margin expansion.
Party City Retail Group employs approximately 15,000 people over 35,000 around the major Halloween season. Party City also owns Halloween City/Tory City, a brand which operates approximately 300 temporary stores each fall.
At Party City, we like to have fun! We are helpful, passionate and creative. We inspire our customers with exciting concepts, themes and ideas and provide everything they need to bring them to life. We make it easy to create unforgettable moments. We work in a collaborative environment and we accept the responsibility to be the best that we can be!
The Manager of Construction will manage all phases of due diligence, design, engineering, architecture, construction, scheduling and accounting of construction projects. Frequent independent judgements are essential. The candidate is also required to performs all tasks in observance of Party City’s strategy and adhere to our core values and service attributes.
• Support the Director of Construction in implementing and executing on the strategic plan for the construction of new and existing stores as well as relocation and other projects as required.
• Develop project budgets and manage overall costs as required
• Develop project schedules to ensure projects are completed within the timeframe required.
• Manage architects, engineers, general contractors, and project managers to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
• Interact with the Director of Construction to resolve issues regarding design, engineering, and construction
• Ensures adherence to the budgets and, when unexpected complications or issues arise, makes quick and necessary adjustments.
• Plans, coordinates, organizes, oversees, and directs activities regarding the construction of assigned projects
• Oversees contract negotiations, revisions, and additions and adherence by all parties.
• Collaborates with stakeholders, supervisory staff, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve problems, including work procedures and construction or design issues.
• Develops and maintains good working relationships with all cross functional stake holders to include store design, real estate, finance, facilities, and procurement.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
LEVELS OF LEADERSHIP
- Direct Reports: 1-2
- Total Org responsibility: 1-2
- Level of Influence/Indirect reports: Contractors, Suppliers, Architects, Engineers
- Level of independence: High