The Customer Service Representative is to provide excellent customer service by explaining policy coverage, claim status and assisting with claim payments or other policy information to policyholders and/or interested third parties. Primary duties & responsibilities consist of:
- Heavy phone contact with policyholders, providers and interested third parties.
- Processing policyholder requests from correspondence, phone calls and emails
- Review and maintain new and revised procedures regarding policy information.
- Maintain department standards for number of calls, average handle and time management
- Customer service background and good phone skills.
- Excellent communication, both written and oral, and organization skills
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent alpha and number recognition skills
- Demonstrated mathematical abilities
- Basic PC skills
- Able to handle high stress situations calmly and with tact and professionalism.
- Strong decision making skills with the ability to analyze situations and make logical conclusions.
- Regular and predictable attendance required
Physical Requirements; Heavy phone and PC usage, sitting for extended periods of time and frequently reaches above shoulder level. Fast-paced environment.Required Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- At least one year of office experience preferred. Telecommunications experience a plus.
- Life and Health insurance background and knowledge of insurance operations desired.