Complete tasks and assignments within the Public Works Department associated with construction, operation, maintenance, cleaning and control of the water, wastewater collection and treatment systems; organize and maintain tools, equipment, and materials; operate heavy and light equipment and trucks; snow removal; parks and grounds maintenance, routine monitoring and repairs, and identify and label underground public utility mains.
- Water treatment and analysis. Operate and maintain pumps and motors that move water through filtration systems. Monitor indicators and make adjustments as necessary. Read meters and gauges to make sure that plant equipment is working properly. Take samples and run tests to determine the quality of the water being produced.
- Installation of residential water and sewer services
- Performing routine maintenance and repair work on pumps, electric motors, valves, and other plant equipment.
- Identify underground utilities by reading and interpreting utility maps and prints. Operate electronic detection equipment to locate and mark underground facilities within prescribed accuracy limits. Perform light excavation with a shovel to expose buried utilities when necessary.
- Responds to complaints of stray or dangerous animals; and assists in recovery of animals.
- Assist with parks and grounds maintenance.
- Performs work for special events (e.g., Pow Wow) to include grounds maintenance, garbage control, pest control and vendor set up/tear down.
- Assist with snow plowing and removal.