For the COMPLETE Job Posting and Application, access our website by clicking on the 'Apply on Company Site' link below for the following Job Number 200000P2.
We're Looking for You
Are you eager to join an organization that serves a strong purpose? Are you a motivated individual looking to work in a progressive environment? If the answer is 'YES', we are looking for you to join the Navy Exchange Service Command (NEXCOM) as the General Manager of our Distribution Center located in Suffolk, VA!
What We Offer You
We offer a comprehensive benefits program and the value of these benefits is approximately 35 to 40% of your annual salary.
- Paid Leave (Annual and Sick)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plan
- Pension Plan
- 401(k) Plan
View our benefits at https://www.mynavyexchange.com/nex/work-for-us/benefits
DAY IN THE LIFE
- Ensure that all DC operations consider and protect the safety of our associates.
- Deliver accurate & reliable service to all supported retail stores and remote DC's.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, motivational, & managerial skills, evidenced by consistently sound judgment & business acumen, superior capacity for organization & multi-tasking, and exceptional problem-solving & analytical ability.
- Apply a comprehensive understanding of product flow, a deep knowledge of warehouse management systems & technology, and experience with the design & layout of 'best-in-class' distribution facilities.
- Serve the command objectives by pursuing increased efficiency throughout the DC.
- Direct programs and activities to promote associate job satisfaction, personal growth, and team-building.
- Prepare and manage financial budgets in support of corporate business plan objectives, adjusting expenses and manpower levels in accordance with store orders and work schedule requirements.
- Monitor and manage adherence to established DC network standards of operation, holding departmental supervisors and associates accountable for meeting or exceeding both network and local DC standards.
- Establish and oversee preventative maintenance and repair programs for all DC equipment, including conveyor, MHE, vehicles, etc., with an emphasis on compliance with appropriate OSHA and DOT rules and regulations.
- Ensure adherence to HAZMAT procedures and associate HAZMAT certification.
- Establish and maintain strong, professional relationships with both retail store 'customers' and HQ merchant community, inspiring confidence through consistent and transparent communication.
- Maintain or exceed on-time delivery targets to ensure that retail stores can provide optimal consumer satisfaction.
- Establish and verify compliance with appropriate inventory control processes and practices, ensuring that all merchandise is received, controlled, and shipped with maximum accurately.
- Select, organize, train and motivate a competent staff of subordinates, evaluating performance, interpreting & administering policies & procedures, and recommending such pay increases & promotions as appropriate.
- Represent the Logistics Directorate on issues concerning distribution operations and store support within their respective region.
- Serve as a consultant to the regional stores in efforts to improve back room operational efficiency.
- Comply with purchasing practices that keep DC operations within budget through ethical behavior and responsible stewardship of financial resources. Performs other related duties as assigned.
The incumbent of this position must file a Financial Disclosure Report (OGE) Form 450, as required.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Three years progressively responsible experience in administrative professional investigative or other responsible work which enabled the applicant to gain knowledge of most aspects of physical distribution. Such experience may have been gained in warehousing purchasing merchandising industrial planning engineering inventory control or data processing.
APPLY NOW! Discover Our Mission and Let Your Journey Begin!
OR SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: One year of related academic study above the high school level may be substituted for 9 months of experience up to a maximum of a 4 year bachelors degree in Business or Supply Chain Management for 3 years of general experience.
AND SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: 5 years of progressively responsible experience which provided a thorough understanding of distribution facilities and warehouse management systems, techniques & methods; a detailed knowledge of 'best practice' warehouse technology including conveyors & automated sortation systems; a proven record of successfully managing the receipt, storage, control, & distribution of product in support of a geographically-dispersed network of locations; a comprehensive knowledge of, and experience with, the design and layout of best-in-class distribution facilities; demonstrated leadership experience in managing both people & processes.
$98,000.00 - $125,000.00 /Year