For the COMPLETE Job Posting and Application, access our website by clicking on the 'Apply on Company Site' link below for the following Job Number 2000012D .
We're Looking for You
Are you eager to experience evolving technology with the Navy mission? Are you a motivated individual looking to work in a progressive environment? If the answer is 'YES', we are looking for you to join the Navy Exchange Service Command (NEXCOM) as an INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TRAINEE (Windows Server Administrator) in Virginia Beach, VA!
What We Offer You
We offer a comprehensive benefits program and the value of these benefits is approximately 35 to 40% of your annual salary.
- Paid Leave (Annual and Sick)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plan
- Pension Plan
- 401(k) Plan
View our benefits at https://www.mynavyexchange.com/nex/work-for-us/benefits
DAY IN THE LIFE
- Certification preparation training.
- Server monitoring reporting.
- Overview of legacy and current Windows OS, Active Directory, IIS, VMWare ESX, VCenter, Vmotion and HBSS.
- Systems security testing and assessment (SCAP, ACAS, and STIG).
- Attends formal training courses in a classroom setting necessary to Windows Server Administrator proficiency.
- On the job assignments encompass both system assessment and analysis related to the Windows Server Administrator challenges and problems.
- Works with experienced Windows Server Administrators, Computer Specialist Supervisor and system stakeholders during the training period to gain understanding of functional business processes and InfoSec challenges and resolutions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Duration of training: Not less the six months and normally not longer than 12 months, dependent upon successful completion of the work assignments defined in the IDP and certification requirements; upon completion of training, incumbent may progress noncompetitively to the position of Information Technology Specialist (Computer Specialist/Windows Server Administrator - Level II).
Qualified candidates must be U.S. Citizens.
A four-year bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Technology or related field.
Or 3 years of experience performing work that allowed the applicant to gain general knowledge of information technology/computer systems comparable to formal education above the high school level that demonstrated the applicant’s potential and ability to learn and succeed in performing the duties of the target position.
Or equivalent combination of formal IT education and experience.
*Required Certifications noted on our website.
APPLY NOW! Discover Our Mission and Let Your Journey Begin!
US-VA-Virginia Beach, VA
$34,000.00 - $88,850.00 /Year