Job Title: Line Cooks (all shifts available) at both Casino Arizona
and Talking Stick Resort
$1500 SIGN-ON BONUS*
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports To: Sous Chef
In general, the Line Cook assists in the daily production and/or cooking of all foods being served in any restaurant or food establishment in the casino, showroom or resort.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follows safe food handling procedures at all times.
- Provides guests courteous, friendly and efficient service.
- Rotates foods for freshness and eye appeal.
- Retrieves food and or supplies from kitchen or storage when necessary.
- Prepares and cooks foods for respective kitchen outlets according to proper procedures and recipes.
- Prepares hot and cold food on all stations.
- Sets and re-stocks mis en place on the station.
- Cleans and prepares all fruits, vegetables, meats and fishes.
- Assists in the coordination of daily specials with the Chefs.
- Works at a safe and efficient rate of speed in a sometimes hectic environment.
- Stores, labels, dates and rotates all foods
- Cleans and organizes workstation or stations and surrounding areas as necessary.
- Uses kitchen equipment as instructed to insure safety and proper care of equipment.
- Maintains cleanliness of designated areas as directed in accordance with established health and safety standards.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities for Line Cook III
- Coordinates daily specials with Chefs.
- Makes soups, sauces and stocks.
- Takes complete charge of the kitchen after the Restaurant Chef and Sous Chef have left the outlet.
Previous professional production kitchen experience required;
Must possess basic knife skills and be able to operate basic kitchen equipment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have a valid Maricopa County Food Handlers card.
Must have good customer service, verbal and written communication skills. Must be a team player, have a positive attitude and present a well-groomed appearance. The candidate must have thorough knowledge of food preparation & sanitation requirements. Must have a keen attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast pace environment in a variety of hours.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; secondary smoke; extreme cold; extreme heat; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.