U.S. Citizenship Required
Incumbents of this position are required to obtain and maintain a secret DOD Security Clearance
Responsible for the management of the Loss Prevention/Safety Program for an assigned Navy Exchange. ($76-$125.9M Sales Volume)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides staff assistance to Exchange management for planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating loss prevention programs which include; safety, physical security, and operational review functions. Recommends and implements modifications to programs, procedures, standards, and techniques on all matters involving loss prevention, asset protection and safety to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage and conduct all internal and external theft investigations, suspected unethical conduct, accidents, workplace violence, fraud, waste or abuse and ensure that activities are conducted within the framework of established departmental investigative policies and protocols. Conducts and provides oversight on overnight surveillance activities, covert camera installations, investigations, and the interviewing of all dishonest associates, vendors and contractors. Prepares and ensures that results of all investigations are documented professionally in reports according to departmental standards.
- Works as a collateral duty Safety Manager to provide a safe and secure working and shopping environment for all associates and patrons. Administers the Navy Occupational Safety and Health and Fire Prevention Program to ensure adherence with the safety provisions of applicable Department of Navy codes and standards. Will ensure safety training, awareness programs, safety committees, and accident prevention programs are implemented in all locations as assigned.
- Hire, train, develop, mentor, coach, and supervise loss prevention / safety staff, and ensure these individuals are adhering to established loss prevention/safety policies and procedures as outlined in the loss prevention/safety manual.
- Ensures operational reviews are conducted monthly at each location. Conduct and ensure operational audits are completed as required for cash offices, vending, safety and other areas as assigned. Works closely with General Manager to correct deficiencies and increase compliance to these requirements.
- Works with store operations to develop and establish shrink committees and shrink action plans to identify causes of inventory shrink and execute appropriate internal control measures.
- Manage and oversee the physical security programs (CCTV, EAS, Alarms, and key control systems) to ensure strict enforcement of these programs.
- Participate and assist in fiscal year end store inventories to include; inventory preparation, taking, and the reconciliation process and report any irregularities to the District Loss Prevention/Safety Manager, General/Store Manager or corporate as warranted
- Possess a thorough understanding and effectively use web-based case management reporting systems and ensure the Loss Prevention / Safety staff is utilizing this software effectively as required.
- Possess a thorough understanding and effectively use all POS exception based reporting tools and ensure the Loss Prevention / Safety staff are properly trained and are utilizing this software effectively in detecting, investigating, and resolving problems.
- Actively participate in personal and professional development of loss prevention/safety associates as assigned by the District Loss Prevention/Safety Manager and/or Director, Loss Prevention/Safety (CONUS/OCONUS). These include in-store/corporate training, industry standard professional training and collegiate courses in retail, business, safety, and loss prevention.
- Develop and ensure strong relationships, partnerships, and communication skills at all levels of the organization to include Corporate, District, Store Operations, as well as other Loss Prevention/Safety Industry professionals.
- Develops strong relationships with command, base, federal, and local law enforcement officials, U.S. Attorney, SJA and local prosecutor.
- Works under general supervision of the District Loss Prevention/Safety Manager. Support all loss prevention /safety initiatives as assigned. Work is performed independently within the framework of Loss Prevention /Safety Program mission, vision, objectives, policies and procedures. Work is reviewed and evaluated for regulatory and procedural compliance and in terms of overall efficiency in providing security for the Navy Exchange and protection of its assets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Incumbents of this position are required to obtain and maintain a secret DOD Security Clearance