As a Team Member at Acceptance Insurance, you will be part of a growing organization that continues to evolve and positively impact the lives of our customers.
Acceptance Insurance offers a full line of benefits including: Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation, Disability Insurance and Employer Matching 401(k) Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants are considered for position and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, gender, national origin, age, marital status, military or veteran status or any other protected local, state or federal status unrelated to the performance of the work involved. The Managing Insurance Agent is primary responsibility is to grow the overall book of business for the assigned location through prospect marketing, referrals and outstanding customer service. This team member regularly engages in sales activities with customers and is responsible for the processing of high quality customer applications, endorsements and payments by the office team. The Managing Agent is responsible for the sale of insurance products and add-on products by all office team members and handling all customer contacts received either by telephone or face-to-face in the retail location. The Managing Agent is also responsible for being recognized as a trusted business advisor, a manager of the office and office personnel, and a representative of the company’s values and mission. The Managing Insurance Agent is responsible for leading and coaching Insurance Sales Agents and Trainees within their Agency.
- Ensuring the office team is assessing customer needs and advising customers on coverage options, providing clear quotations, explaining pricing, and explaining all required information to potential customers.
- Develops and maintains relationships with business partners around the community (e.g., preferred insurance agents, loan processors, etc).
- Schedules and performs outside marketing activities to generate company sales.
- Prepares quotations on customer change requests to policies.
- Participates in the selection process for open team positions.
- Is responsible for training and ensuring that all Team Members adhere to standard operating procedures and that all policies are completed per established processes and at a high quality level.
- Effectively teach and demonstrate the Acceptance G.U.E.S.T. sales process.
- Supervise daily functions of Team Members and effectively recommend disciplinary action or training as circumstances may warrant.
- Receive and respond to all customer inquiries and complaints. Request any missing or required information from customers and follow up for that information.
- Maintain strong, complete knowledge of all products offered in their market, product pricing and policy features.
- Maintain knowledge of industry competitors and provide critical market feedback to your supervisor regarding local competition and service needs.
- Direct Team Members in tasks relating to scheduling and coverage of the retail office.
- Direct the daily follow-up with customers on all open or unresolved issues including calling customers regarding upcoming payment, lapsed policy reinstatements and cancelled policies.
- Ensure all phone calls are answered in a prompt, professional, and courteous manner by all team members.
- Report any and all conditions affecting customer satisfaction.
- Ensures that store cleanliness/maintenance is maintained to company standards.
- Maintain appropriate office records including, but not limited to, all time worked, reporting of sales activities, and other reporting as required by District or Regional Manager or Corporate Office.
- 5 years related sales experience, required
- 1 year or more of experience supervising a sales team.
- High School diploma or GED
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to provide proof of automobile insurance.
- P&C and/or Life License required.
- Ability to fluently speak, read, and write English; positions in certain markets may require bilingual capability in specific languages.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures or government regulations presented in English.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated excellence in developing team customer service and interpersonal skills needed for working with our customers.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor a team towards strong sales presentation delivery.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence and comfortable expressing opinions.
- Preference towards taking charge of a situation, takes initiative, are persuasive and can influence a positive outcome.
- Are confident of their own abilities.
- Proven ability to manage personal emotions and avoid negative responses to frustrations and annoyances.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to use and operate a keyboard, computer, fax machine, scanner and copier.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is preferred.