DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY + BENEFITS + RELOCATION (Must be willing to relocate to NC) Kelly Services is seeking a Research Scientist with one of our top clients in High Point, NC. This position requires a broad background, strong comprehension, and demonstrated skills in the analytical methods validation/development area. A minimum of 7 years of relevant background in a cGMP-compliant pharmaceutical laboratory environment is required for consideration. MUST HAVE:
- Experience with API
- Must be fully capable of developing analytical methods based on experience and research
- Ability to troubleshoot and develop methods from start to finish with a low error rate
- Experience with Unknown Identification Methods and GMP Documentation a PLUS!
- Design, develop, conduct and/or review experiments including method development and method transfer
- Perform methods validations utilizing typical instrumentation including but not limited to LC, MS, GC, etc.
- Interpret data from routine and non-routine analyses in order to develop workable test methods and/or deduce and test mechanistic or systematic hypotheses;
- Familiarity with other instrumental methods (IR, NMR, XRPD, TGA, KF, etc.) as well as non-instrumental methods (wet chemical methods);
- Perform data audits in order to ensure accuracy of data and analytical processes
- Act as scientific, regulatory, technical or quality expert and consultant
- Provide leadership including cross-training and technical development to the GMP Analytical laboratory colleagues
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation (e.g., troubleshooting, conducting preventative maintenance, calibrating and repairing);
- Participate in the laboratory quality system activities such as internal audits, writing standard operating procedures, and documentation review
- Prepare samples for analysis and record data from analyses or experiments in a computer, log book, or laboratory notebook;
- Ensure compliance with company policies and SOPs as well as FDA and other applicable guidelines.
- BS degree in chemistry with 12 years relevant experience OR
- PhD or MS in chemistry (or similar discipline) with 7-10 years relevant experience
- Candidate must be driven, self-motivated, able to multi-task, have excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to analyze and troubleshoot problems without assistance
- Proficiency with Microsoft software (Word / EXCEL / PowerPoint) is expected
- Expertise in USP/compendial testing (A PLUS BUT NOT REQUIRED)
- Experience in stability study performance/evaluation
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Aptitude in the area of Project Management is also a strong positive
- Relocation Offered
- All expenses paid for interview travel
Apply today for immediate consideration!
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
About Kelly Services®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.