The Yard Control Supervisor is responsible for assisting and reviewing UPS Small Package dispatch activity to ensure timely and proficient service. He/she assists with dispatch planning and is responsible for ensuring that service, safety, and cost goals are met.
Core responsibilities in supervising dispatch operations are to coordinate with others to ensure that dispatch plans are executed efficiently and to ensure adequate staffing and equipment levels for transportation needs. The Part-time Dispatch Supervisor oversees load/tractor planning and assignments, monitors load movement, and tracks the condition of equipment. This position also reviews, analyzes, and tracks various dispatch and service reports and schedules. Using this data, the Part-time Dispatch Supervisor creates efficient dispatch plans, verifies service levels, addresses performance issues, and incorporates modifications – such as new customers, new locations and additional loads – into dispatch plans. The Part-time Dispatch Supervisor also oversees yard operations. This involves coordinating drivers with load volume, ensuring that trailers are in the correct locations and are loaded or empty as planned, and confirming accurate trailer inventory.
- Use of a computer to control trailer movement On and Off the building as the operation is running
- Is able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Review driver hours to ensure regulatory compliance
- Conduct hazardous materials audits
- Review safety reports
- Verify appropriate driver uniforms and utilization of safe work methods
- Determine employee training needs to produce continuous development plans
- Provide feedback and support
- Conduct performance evaluations and resolve individual and group performance issues
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law