Packs finished paper cups, napkins or straws in boxes after reading production schedule which contains package count, box labeling and shipping instructions. Accurately add and records total of finished product packed on shift. Requires using computer keyboard, calculator and bag sealers. Considered light work but standing entire shift on production floor is required. Responsibilities and Duties
* Use all equipment safely and for the purpose for which it is intended. Make sure all guards, covers and safety devices are in place.
* Key product into the computer
* Check label to confirm it is the correct label, correct product number and that it scans properly.
* Check the product for the correct count, registration, and color
* Check the product to see that the packaging is done correctly.
* Properly pack the required number of packages in the correct boxes.
* Inform the box stacker what totes to use and the heights of the skid when necessary.
* Count the number of boxes on each skid.
* Fill out proper paperwork correctly.
* Adjust the height and width of the box sealing machine.
* Change the tape of the box sealing machines.
* Clear routine jam ups from packaging machines and rethread the poly.
* Put new roll of labels and carbon ribbon on printer as necessary.
* Be alert so the poly, labels and carbon do not run out.
* When necessary, put new roll of poly on packaging machine
* When working on napkins, splice the poly together when needed.
* If the machine you are working on is down for repair or change over, you will make sure area is ready for the next job coming up; boxes, poly, labels). Help clean up the press and area or follow instructions of your supervisor
* Stay in your work area and do not leave the production floor without notifying your supervisor. (Except in an emergency)
* Help keep your work area clean and neat.
* Perform any other duties that may be required. We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), 401K, life insurance, profit sharing, vacation/sick time, and paid holidays.