Hotel Housekeeping Room Attendants
$1500 Sign On Bonus*
Reports To: Floor Shift Supervisor
Responsible for the overall cleanliness of assigned rooms/suites. Reports maintenance deficiencies in order to maintain rooms/suites are in compliance with standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cleans rooms/ suites, as assigned, which includes: making beds, cleaning bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming and washing windows. Reports rooms as clean and available.
- Reports maintenance deficiencies in order to maintain room in compliance with hotel standards.
- Strips dirty linen / towels and removes used amenities from room/suite.
- Checks housekeeping cart for supplies; stocks as needed.
- Greets guests immediately with friendly/sincere acknowledgement.
- Replenishes linen and guest amenities.
- Cleans balconies, if applicable.
- Responds to special requests by guests (such as providing extra amenities or service time requests).
- Reports all “Do Not Disturb” or bolted door rooms at the specified time to ensure guest safety and maximize guest satisfaction.
- Organizes linen closets to ensure quality and quantity of the contents to maximize job efficiency.
- Checks quantity and quality of linen closets contents and pulls out any damaged linens.
- Provides customer service to guests, including information about hotel services, activities and local attractions.
- Provides turndown service,
- Assists co-workers, as requested.
Education and/or Experience:
Six months to one year prior experience in cleaning, janitorial, hotel or institutional housekeeping required.
- Must be reliable, trustworthy and posses a pleasant personality.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work harmoniously with others and be a team player.
- Ability to handle pressure and difficult situations.
- Presents a professional and well-groomed appearance at all times.
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Physically able to move large objects such as: carts, large bags of linen, ironing board.
- Physically able to operate cleaning equipment such as: vacuum cleaners, brooms, spray bottle.
- Ability to learn, follow and enforce standards for cleanliness as they apply to all aspects of suite.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Knowledge of multiple languages is a plus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to secondary smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.