Food operations Job Summary:
Manages the food services operation of multiple outlets to ensure a pleasant guest experience and efficient, cost-effective operations. Objective is guest retention to support casino. Responsible for meeting financial goals of assigned outlets. Budget/Asset Responsibilities:
Prepares and maintains budget. Is responsible for maintaining operating costs, labor costs, controllable expenses, and asset management of the following items: dishes, flatware, glasses, decorations, linens, etc. Is also responsible for overall profitability of department.
Reviews monthly profit and loss statements and explains variances. Job Duties:
- Manages and coordinates, in conjunction with Assistant Managers, restaurant activities to obtain effective use of equipment, facilities, and personnel. Conducts daily operations in adherence to policies, procedures, food quality, safety, and service standards, including responsible alcohol service. May recommend acquisition of new equipment or re-design of space to increase efficiency and safety of operations.
- Interacts and establishes relationships with guests to improve retention, promote guest loyalty, and resolve guest complaints.
- Leads team of direct reports with responsibility to recruit, interview, select, hire, and promote team members. Includes team member training and developing. Completes performance appraisals for direct reports, provides performance feedback, and conduct disciplinary actions up to termination.
- Participates in the development and formulation of administrative and operational policies and procedures. Designs work processes and oversees scheduling to maintain appropriate staffing levels. Plans weekly and daily specials.
- Tracks covers and revenue; develops and recommends strategies to meet or exceed revenue goals. Analyzes trends to project future performance.
- Prepares department budget. Reviews monthly profit and loss statement and explains variances; reviews and monitors budget, including weekly payroll and tip reports.
- Restaurant Manager -- Mystic Express & Promenade only:
- Maintains proper rotation of products. Ensures compliance with all prescribed food and safety standards. Maintains sanitation through regular inspections of equipment, supplies and proper food storage.
- Provides breaks to other Restaurant Managers
- Coordinates additional training for guest service and leadership classes.
- Recommends promotional programs to Marketing; coordinates resolution of comp issues with Club Mystic.