Job Summary: The General Manager leads all aspects of the stores operation to grow sales and drive profitability. Additionally, the General Manager ensures the stores compliance and adherence to all company guidelines and operational standards. The position focuses on Store Operations, Merchandising and Inventory Control, Human Resources, Planning and Task Prioritization.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Drives overall profitability by focusing on financial data, total store sales and expense control
· Oversees the coordination and execution of store merchandise and presentation standards
· Manages all facets of the store’s operation, including;
o Recruiting, Hiring and scheduling
o Managing payroll to allowable hours
o Guide training and development to enhance performance and develop succession plans
o Coordinate communication amongst team to share company strategy and direction
o Lead recognition efforts to promote performance and retention
· Partners with District Manager and Human Resources for employee coaching / counseling, performance documentation and associate relations matters
· Maintains a clean and safe environment for associates and customers to include sales floor and back room, manager’s office and restrooms
· Role model’s customer service expectations through personal contact with customers
· Adheres to all standard operating procedures, policies and Best Methods and ensures store compliance to audit/safety standards
This job description is not all-inclusive. Additional responsibilities will be determined by the General Manager, based on store needs.