Reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing, the Sales Manager will be responsible for all Oleochemical business development activity for VVF in North America.
Basic Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Chemical Engineering or related field. A Master's degree is preferred.
- Six (6) years' experience selling oleochemicals and/or other chemical products
- Direct or indirect sales experience with demonstrated record in achieving organic growth in sales/profits.
- Highly commercial oriented, budget conscious, good with pricing, margins, and overall profit improvement.
- Highly effective leadership, management, and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills and technical capability.
- Lead the development and implementation of strategic oleochemical business plans to rapidly grow business revenues and profits.
- Manage existing product portfolio to optimize customer responsiveness versus operational efficiencies.
- Working with VVF global resources, direct the development of new market opportunities and oversee the commercialization of new product lines.
- Develop annual oleochemicals budget and maximize long term product through appropriate management of product pricing.
- Monitor market conditions, competitive activities, and general economic conditions in support of business decisions and long-term planning.
- Establish and manage key relationships with major Oleochemical customers in North America.
- Represent the company on panels, conferences, and related oleochemical business functions.
Other Required Skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Business development and sales experience
- Financial Acumen
Apply online at: https://www.stbernardsoap.com/jobs.html
VVF is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, including the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or that the person is associated with a person who has, or is perceived to have, any of those characteristics, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable law. VVF is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, call Human Resources at (630) 892-4381 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.