Sr. Applications Developer
UPS is now recognized as a technology company spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology. UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Freight is currently seeking a career-minded Sr. Applications Developer to join their team. If you are highly motivated with a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, then UPS Freight is a great place for you to advance your career.
About this role:
The Senior Applications Developer provides input and support for, and performs full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She participates in component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements. This position provides input to applications development project plans and integrations. He/She collaborates with teams and supports emerging technologies to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position provides knowledge and support for applications development, integration, and maintenance. He/She provides input to department and project teams on decisions supporting projects.
- Design, development and implementation of mission critical applications using the .NET Framework, .NET Core and Angular 6
- Design and develop robust, scalable and high performing applications
- Build internal systems and support business needs
- Working effectively in a collaborative and innovative team-oriented environment
- Mentor less experienced developers
- Organizing and managing multiple priorities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or STEM related degree
- Effective communication, Professional Approach, Team Leadership & Motivation
- Mentoring and coaching junior team members
- Assisting team members and off shore resources by helping them to understand business requirements
- Proactive, problem solving and a strong team contributor
- Excellent organizational skills, a must
- Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- C# .NET development
- Responsive applications using HTML5, Bootstrap and CSS3
- NET based web services using Web API, WCF and ASMX
- PL/SQL (stored procedures, functions, triggers, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or STEM degree
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law