Position Requires active TS/SCI Clearance!
Software Engineer will be responsible for development of new software and integration of existing open source and commercial software for a large, complex enterprise search system. Development and integration tasks will include:
* Developing software architecture, requirement analysis, selection and evaluation of COTS and GOTS tools, implementation and system integration activities (with both new and legacy systems)
* Acting as a technical expert in software engineering and big data analytics to build a large highly complex software system using best practices in the industry
* Researching new technologies for future enhancements and implement as required
* Developing software code for a Unix or Linux Environment, using unit test framework, build automation, and source code version control management tools
In this position the individual will need to be a self-starter and with the ability to solve complex problems under minimal supervision.
*3+ years of experience supporting software architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation
* 3+ years of experience with basic Unix/Linux operation system administration and shell scripting (CentOS/RHEL preferred)
* 3+ years of current experience implementing Web Services using Java EE (6 or 7), using Spring Framework API, Spring Integration, Mule or Apache Camel
Preffered Additional Skills
* 2+ years of current software development and unit testing tools: Eclipse IDE, Maven, JUnit, source control systemsAgile Experience
NGA, IC or DoD IT experience strongly preferred.
* Experience with Agile/Scrum lifecycle management/development.
* Experience with automated test tools including performance and load testing.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools.
* Demonstrated ability in problem-solving and in the defect resolution process.
* Ability to quickly understand an organization's business functions.
* Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to understand and explain complex information simply and accurately
* Familiar with DevOps tools such as Redmine, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence
SOC, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.