We’re the obstacle overcomers. The problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
Our Systems Programmers design and deploy infrastructure to the highest standards. They are highly determined individuals who serve as a subject matter experts for supporting automation tools to increase organizational efficiency. As a UPS Systems Programmer, your skills will be put to the test working with large-scale automation solutions.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Builds and supports midrange infrastructure, which is critical to the success of UPS Freight business operations
- Administers the following midrange infrastructure including: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, multiple web sites, server virtualization, SAN, and system monitoring
- Participates in 24x7 rotational on-call coverage
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7/8 and SAN storage administration
- Knowledge of Red Hat Ansible, VMware vSphere 6, Apache, IIS, shell scripting and TCP/IP
- Familiarity with data protection/backup technologies, Red Hat JBoss EAP, FUSE and AMQ
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Computer Science or equivalent - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law