UPS Freight, a leader in the LTL trucking industry, is currently seeking an IE Planning Specialist. The IE Planning Specialist supports the administration of data and business analysis for UPS Freight. He/She creates reports that help management assess performance results and cost saving opportunities. This position gathers and compiles information into standard and custom reports.
This individual will be responsible for:
- Generating operational reports for management to help identify service centers that are not achieving their business plan targets.
- Serving as the administrator of the IE department’s Sharepoint Website.
- Providing technical and administrative support to the Region Industrial Engineers.
- Serving as the administrator of FRTools, a program which is utilized to develop daily P&D and Dock volume and staffing estimates.
- Consulting with internal customers (e.g., department management, etc.) to clarify information needs to ensure data provided meets expectations.
- Utilizing advanced Microsoft EXCEL and ACCESS features to create and run reports efficiently.
- Analyzing and formatting data deliverables (e.g., reports, spreadsheets, etc.) to provide users with meaningful and interpretable information.
- Gathering, compiling, and analyzing relevant research data to support senior management presentations.
- Creating presentation slides and narratives to use in formal presentations by senior management.
- Database knowlege SQL - Preferred
- Analytical and detail oriented
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree (or internally comparable degree) in Computer Science or Engineering - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity