The Senior Marketing Analyst researches market opportunities, obtains competitive and trend data, and develops product strategies and requirements to meet customer needs in the regional markets. This position evaluates customer/industry/segment data and research to develop revenue projections, product performance forecasts, and market penetration estimates/assumptions for business models. He/she communicates with operations staff in the regions to ensure product and service requirements for each region are met. The Senior Marketing Analyst works with business development managers, sales managers and other Marketing managers to identify customer needs and opportunity segments and translate them into product features and benefits to ensure the voice of the customer is incorporated in product design.
The Senior Marketing Analyst reviews annual situation assessment (i.e., SWOT [strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats] analysis) to understand past performance of products and services. This position researches internal and external customer data to understand factors driving product performance and results. He/She manages project lifecycles, including project scope, resources, schedule, initiation, start-up/design, building, and deployment to see projects from beginning-to-end. The Senior Marketing Analyst develops New Product Definition Documents (NPDD) and discounted cash flow plans to justify recommendations for new products or services.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Implements measurement plans to ensure effective tracking of direct marketing activities and program or product deployment (e.g., enrollment, activations, etc.).
- Presents findings on key issues to stakeholders to gain departmental approvals for marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Monitors and reports performance of marketing initiatives to senior management to explain any variance to plan and outline key learnings or issue.
- Identifies strategic implementation opportunities of key customer issues to develop alternatives in incentive plans, product repositioning and new approaches to the marketplace.
- Develops project plans (i.e., detailed plan, milestones, and work breakdown structures) and assigns tasks to resources to ensure that the project will be completed on time and according to specifications.
- Ensures affected functions or groups are identified and works with them to negotiate process changes, ownership of processes, and to manage project impact.
Knowledge and Skills
- Familiar with primary information sources relevant to assigned area; utilizes computer-based analytical and information management tools in order to perform routine analysis; documents approach and findings; reviews results with others as appropriate.
- Demonstrates understanding of the purpose, benefits, and alternative methods of segmenting markets; analyzes current customer performance and market potential of defined segments; able to define the purpose, benefits and differences between value statements and value propositions.
- Identifies key factors behind basic problems and establish a path to solve them; proposes approaches to solve more complicated problems; investigates and diagnoses anomalies in routine business results.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of products, services, and customer facing technology solutions offered by UPS along with their features and business applications; describes general customer profiles targeted by the company.
- Familiar with the primary customer business processes in which UPS solutions are most frequently applied (e.g., order management, shipping, receiving, returns, accounts receivable and accounts payable); within area of responsibility, able to describe customer benefits through the application of UPS solutions.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law